Saturday, October 14, 2006

Volvo, the electric car

We have absolutely nothing to report other than the following

Dear Lena,

Of course, your answer is not what I want to hear but do you know they've converted a BMW Mini to electric? It has a range of 300 miles before plugin overnight and does 0 to 60 in under six seconds. Yes, you're right. The drive train is different. Also no gears, no automatic, just brake and go.

I like Volvo because they gave the 3 point seat belt to the car industry. I also like the interiors, the ride, handling and safety. And with the XC70 the styling is as provocative as the Isuzu Vehicross, only better because it's in a station wagon format.

I'm sure you have things in the works.

I'm speaking of an XC70 shape of the future powered by nothing at all, meaning, capturing the power of gravity. www.gravitycontrol.org

My thought was, if BMW can make an electric Mini, Volvo can do the same with an XC70. And I'm sure you can. Safety for Volvo must transcend just the passengers and consider the planet as a whole. Electric.

I envisage the entire automotive industry shifting to electric, and beyond.
http://gravity-control.blogspot.com/2006/10/who-will-resurrect-electric-car.html

Thank you again for your thoughtful though not complete reply.

You guys are Volvo. I expect more a level of best.

3 Comments:

At 6:37 p.m., Blogger Willshiresllc said...

A Note To The Author (Jim): I just thought I'd throw out a couple of hints that might make your blog a little more well known and accessible to more people.

1. If you ad more topics to the (Interests) section on your blog profile you will get more exposure from fellow bloggers on blogspot.com. Check my profile for an example: http://www.blogger.com/profile/31892980

2. If you go to http://wwww.feedburner.com and set up an RSS feed people can subscribe to your blog and get updates every time you post.

All you have to do is get a feed and put up a subscribe link on your blog to make it easy for people to subscribe to your feed. I would love to include your RSS feed on my RSS reader so I can get updates. It reminds people about your site and makes it easy for them to recieve your information.

Check my blog for an example: http://strangeandcool.blogspot.com

 
At 12:25 p.m., Blogger Willshiresllc said...

Have you seen the Tesla Motors Electric Sportscar? http://strangeandcool.blogspot.com/2007/08/teslas-new-electric-sports-car-could.html

 
At 12:25 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

More people should learn about this. EV technology is really becoming impressive, like the new Zap that does 0-60mph in 4.8 seconds. Electric is looking more and more like the way to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker